Palmer was founded in 1974 to work with privately-held companies in connection with their need for equity financing, equipment leasing, acquisitions, divestitures and 3rd-party project financing.
In 1981 Palmer pivoted to developing, financing, constructing, and managing renewable energy projects in the United States, including:
- the first landfill gas-to-electric project,
- the largest privately owned wood-fired power plant in New England,
- the largest U.S. tax credit monetization program for landfill gas; and completion of numerous projects from Maine to Hawaii (see ‘Transaction List’ below), covering diverse technologies and winning national awards.
Our partners and clients have ranged from entrepreneurs to major governmental entities. Our investors range from individuals to Fortune 100 companies.
These experiences have allowed our team to work in multiple regions, across various technologies, and with different stakeholders to design projects for specific locations, resources, and communities. Palmer creates a custom designed project for each location, incorporating local priorities and generating regional and global benefits.
Palmer provides its own development capital, and partners with investors to construct and operate projects, collaborating with local, regional, and international banking institutions and various capital sources. Over the years, Palmer and its affiliates have arranged over US$2.3 billion in energy finance transactions.
- Wind Energy
- Solar Energy
- Landfill Gas to Electricity
- Landfill Gas to Pipeline Quality Gas
- Synthetic Fuel
- Identify opportunities and barriers
- Structure transactions to meet project demands
- Add value for landowners, investors, partners
- Work with local communities
- Incorporate regional design and permitting requirements